Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Release Day: Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Apollyon (Covenant, #4)Can you guys believe it? Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout has been officially released today, and it honestly feels like a dream on my part. Like, FINALLY! I've been watching the Apollyon countdown every single day of my life since day 138 (yes I even remember that), and this is the number one book I've been awaiting ever since November 6th, when Deity made it's appearance. 138 days ago, I was sitting at my desk, twitching and just wishing I could fast forward 6 months. It felt like an eternity to wait, and I don't even know how we're already at April now. I'm a JLA junkie, no doubt about that now :). Apollyon was released early exclusively by B&N 3 weeks ago which is how I got my copy early, but really today is the day I can really start talking about this. I actually preordered this from The Book Depository, couldn't wait until the release date knowing it was already floating around in B&N, so I go my butt up and drove out to the bookstore for a 2nd copy. Dani was so excited when I bought it and was impatiently waiting for me to the finish it so she could borrow it. I loved Apollyon so much that I can't even really describe it in the right words, and I can't wait for Sentinel, which comes out this November. 

Goodreads Synopsis:

Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.

See our reviews for the entire Covenant Series:


Haven't gotten your hands on Apollyon yet? Here is Chapter 1 on Cynthia Hand's blog:


Dani and I recommend everyone to read the Covenant Series if you haven't already, there is absolutely nothing to miss out on! One of our favorites YA series :) Happy reading!

Steph & Dani

1 comment:

  1. I'm a JLA junkie too!!! lol. The Covenant series is my second favorite series of all time following closely behind the Lux series.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...