Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Release Day: The Elite by Kiera Cass

The Elite (The Selection, #2)Oh. Meh. Gods. 

THE ELITE IS OUT! *parties* I have been looking forward to this book so indescribably much because I just need MORE of The Selection Series. I loved Book 1 (See our review for The Selection HERE), albeit lacked some of the action that I am looking forward more to in The Elite. I loved Maxon in book 1, but Kiera threw us a screwball at the end of The Selection about that Aspen boy, so I want to know America's situation with her boys now too :). I dare say "it's complicated" if that synopsis gives anything away. I also can't wait to see just what kind of "dystopic" setting will be revealed to us (hopefully it is revealed!). Unfortunately, I did not pre-order this book :( since I'm running low on book money, and I have a long wait ahead of me in the library (grrrrr). I'm considering getting this on ebook, because just knowing it's out there for me to read without having it in my palms makes me insane with anticipation. Can't wait to read this! I will be sure to review this, although I can't make promises as to when. Just ASAP!

Goodreads Synopsis:

The hotly-anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestseller The Selection.

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Iléa.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.


Kiera also posted some "spoiler" videos, if you can call them that, on The Selection Series page on Facebook. I believe they can be found on YouTube as well. They aren't really big spoilers or anything (I know, if only), and if you haven't gotten to the book either like me you can watch these videos to find out little tidbits of what to expect in The Elite. On a second thought, I don't know if that will be helpful especially if you don't have the book lying around close to you :). Viewer discretion advised! 


Happy Reading! 
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...