So the Liebster Blog Award is a virtual award that can be passed around to blogs that you have deemed worthy of the award.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
11 random facts about us
1. We love the Lord of the Rings movies.
2. Ash from the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa was our first book crush and instilled our addiction to YA fantasy books.
3. Steph had back surgery in 2011 *ouch*.
4. Steph loves volleyball, but unfortunately cannot play often because of said back issues.
5. Steph loves to make origami and cute clay earrings. She loves to make anything crafty in general.
Pictures can be posted if you want to see how awesome they are :)
6. Steph is not a sweet-tooth, more like a salty-tooth, but loves to bake sweets she almost never eats (Brother eats them!)
7. Dani has a passion for dance and performs several times annually in productions and competitions.
8. Dani's dream is to see a live Broadway musical in NYC, a professional ballet production by a major ballet company, Radio City Rockettes Show, or simply ALL of the shows mentioned!
9. Dani loves doggies.
10. Dani hates spicy food, while Steph loves it!
11. Dani's favorite Disney animation is The Little Mermaid. Part of your world...
Questions from our nominators
1. Why did you start book blogging?
Dani: Well, Steph and I have always loved books and reading book reviews on various blogs, so one day I said to Steph, "Why don't we make our OWN book blog?" Blogging has proved to be extremely fun and rewarding.
Steph: Like Dani, I've been a reader and blog stalker since I was little. I've thought about making a book blog, but I never got serious about it until Dani mentioned it. Thanks Dani!
2. What is your favorite book genre?
Dani: I am a relatively open reader. I read any good book from mystery to YA to romance. Since I'm a teen, my favorite genre is YA.
Steph: In general, I like fast-paced books that can keep me engrossed. If I had to pick a genre, it would be YA Paranormal Romance.
3. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
Dani: I wanted our blog’s name to be memorable, have some kind of alliteration or play on words, and not sound too cheesy. After about a week of pondering what in the world our blog’s name would be, I had an “epiphany” for lack of a better word. The phrase “A Walk on Words” just came to me late at night when I was finishing homework.
Steph: Dani's idea, I agreed. If your wondering where it comes from, the term "Walking on Air" basically means head-over-heels in love. We love reading books, so we "walk on words"!
4. What are your top 3 favorite book blogs?
Steph: That is a tough one, because we read and follow a LOT of blogs. There all super cute and great, so it's hard to pick out just 3 of them. At the current moment though (this changes often), 3 blogs we absolutely love are:
--Stuck in Books, just by the sheer amount of posts Valerie makes over there
--The YA Sisterhood, for their awesome Crush Tourneys and reviews
--Deity Island, because we're currently in the obsession phase of the JLA syndrome
5. Who is your favorite author?
Dani: I have several favorite authors, but my all-time favorite has to be Julie Kagawa. The Iron King (Click on link to read my The Iron King review) was the first YA book that I really loved. After reading it, I started to read more YA books, and soon I was addicted. I’ve memorized the entire plot of the Iron Fey series because it is absolutely the best YA series I have ever read! Dibs on Ash the book hottie ;)
Steph: Thats also hard. After J.K. Rowling, (I never count her when I answer these kind of questions since that would probably be unfair. She's my fave author of all time!) my favorite authors tied at number 2 would be Richelle Mead, Jennifer L. Armentrout, and Julie Kagawa.
6. What do you love about book blogging?
Dani: I love to share my thoughts by writing about one of my favorite things in the entire world: books. It combines writing, reading, and interacting with fellow book bloggers who I would have never known until A Walk on Words.
Steph: I love that I get to communicate my love for books to other people who love books too. When I'm talking to most of my friends about my latest book obsession, besides Dani, they start to tune me out at some point because they just aren't as interested as I am. AWOW is where I can get all of my feelings out!
7. What do you dislike about book blogging?
Dani: Nothing! It is perfect.
Steph: So far? Nothing either! At first I was a little iffy on it, and I was wondering if I was really going to be posting as much as the blogs I read. After a few weeks of it? I was hooked. (On books ;))
8. What is you favorite Meme?
Steph: Teaser Tuesday. I love sharing small tidbits to everyone, because I completely understand how much they feed our want for a book, but makes us go insane for it too! I'm sure any book blogger would get that feeling.
9. What was your favorite book(s) of 2012?
Dani: Definitely Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout! (Click link to read review of Opal) It was an amazing, captivating installment to JLA’s Lux series.
Steph: Just a few on the ridiculously long list:
--All JLA books out to date (read them all in 2012)
--Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth
--The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
10. How did you come up with the theme or design for your blog?
Steph: We've actually modified the design of AWOW a few times. At first, we kept switching between sky backgrounds because of our "walking on air" becoming "walking on words" theme. In the end, I just settled for the current theme because I thought it showed, simply, what our blog was about. I'm hoping to get a professional design makeover sometime in 2013 though!
11. Are you participating in any reading challenges this year? If so, which ones?
Steph: Yes! We are participating in the Goodreads Reading Challenge (widget on right). Our goal is to read 100 books this year! This is our first time doing it so we are just trying for 100. Don't know if that is too much or too little from our reading pace!
Our Questions for nominees:
1. What was your inspiration to start blogging?
2. Who is(are) your favorite author(s)?
3. What are your thoughts on book blogging so far?
4. Favorite book turned movie?
5. Which character from which novel/series would you most like to meet in real life?
6. What is a magic power that one of your favorite book characters has that you would like to acquire?
7. Favorite book genre?
8. Favorite book hottie?
9. Favorite heroine?
10. Favorite books of all time? Just a few. :) Yes, we know it's hard.
11. What 2013 book are you looking forward to most?
Our nominees are:
Read, Rinse, Repeat
Feed Me Books Now!!!
Lovin' los libros