Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (16): The One by Kiera Cass

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly bookish event hosted by Breaking the SpineThis is a meme that many book blogs participate in to goggle over highly anticipated upcoming releases and fabulous covers and authors!
 
 
So sorry I'm getting a WoW out so late in the game, but I really wanted to do one today. Today's spotlight is on The One by Kiera Cass, and the last book in The Selection series following America, Maxon, and Aspen in a fight for the royal throne. 
 
The One (The Selection, #3)Goodreads Synopsis:
 
The Selection changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. And now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.

America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.

From the very first page of The Selection, this #1 New York Times bestselling series has captured readers' hearts and swept them away on a captivating journey... Now, in The One, Kiera Cass delivers a satisfying and unforgettable conclusion that will keep readers sighing over this electrifying fairy-tale long after the final page is turned.
 
 
I ADORE the cover to this book. It's just so beautiful and elegant and I think it really fits the series well. This is my favorite of all three books.
 
But besides the cover...what's up with the title? It doesn't sound that good, though I think there could be multiple meanings to it. I'm looking forward to this a LOT, but that title has me worried. Several of my friends and I think "The One" is a sign that America might choose "herself', a choice she posed for herself in The Elite, which might mean not choosing either Maxon or Aspen. If it really ends up that way, I can understand the fact the Kiera Cass wants to make The Selection original from other love triangles, but I won't like it. I'm Team Maxon alllllll the way so I am rooting for him! 
 
The One is out this May, is it on your TBR lists as well?
 
Happy Reading,
 
Steph 

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series yet, but many of my teen readers are very into it. I will probably pick up The Selection once the series is finished! ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-1Ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't enjoy The Elite as much as I did The Selection but I'll read this one to find out how the series ends. Good choice! :)

    Denise @ Dandelionn Wine Book Blog | WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur with Dandelionnwine, I prefered The Selection but I have to finish the series! Good pick!

    MJ @ www.MJReads.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i still haven't read the first one! all of the books look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am holding out hope that she chooses Maxon in the end! I mean, the dress she's wearing looks like a wedding dress...but a lot of my friends think that she will choose herself too. Which isn't a bad thing, but...MAXON.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...