Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa Cover and Teaser!

Julie Kagawa's silence is no more! Today she shared a picture of the cover to The Forever Song, book three and final installment in the Blood of Eden series. She also had the grace to share a lovely teaser with us :)





It is very simple like the other books of the series, but I love the birds and the infinite symbol they make. Cheesy? Maybe, but I like it.  Now, JK said she cried while writing this book. THAT has me severely worried. She's going to kill someone. I think. Zeke? Maybe Allie (won't ever make the mistake that a author won't kill their main character again, you know what I'm talking about)? For gods sake please not Jackal or Kanin either. I can't wait for this book, but now I am very, very scared.

Also, as you can see, the cover says that there will be a sneak peek at Talon at the end of the book, which I believe is the first book to Julie's new series on...dragons. 

Well I'll post the teaser Julie posted on her blog here for everyone to see, and link to the original blog post will be after the excerpt. Enjoy!

              The smell of blood grew thicker once we were past the wall, though nothing moved on the narrow path that snaked between houses.  The flimsy wood and tin shanties were silent, dark, as we ventured deeper, passing snow covered porches and empty chairs.  Everything looked intact, undisturbed.  There were no bodies.  No corpses mutilated in their beds, no blood spattered over the walls of the few homes we ducked into.  There weren't even any dead animals in the tiny, trampled pasture past the main strip.  Just snow, and dark, and emptiness.    
            And yet, the smell of blood soaked this place, hanging thick on the air, making my stomach ache and the Hunger roar to life.  I bit it down, clenching my jaw to keep from snarling in frustration.  It had been too long.  I needed food.  The scent of blood was driving me crazy, and the fact that there were no humans here made me furious.  Where were they?  It wasn't possible that an entire outpost of mortals would up and disappear without a trace.
            And then, as we followed the path around the pasture and up to the huge barn at the top of the rise, we found the townspeople.
            A massive, barren tree stood beside the barn, twisted branches clawing at the sky.  They creaked and swayed beneath the weight of dozens of bodies, hanging upside down from ropes tied to the limbs.  Men, women, even a few kids, swinging in the breeze, dangling arms stiff and white.  Their throats had been cut, and the base of the tree was stained black, the blood spilled and wasted in the snow.  But the smell nearly knocked me over regardless, and I clenched my fists, the Hunger raking my insides with fiery talons.  
            "Well," Jackal muttered, crossing his arms and gazing up at the tree, "isn't that festive."  His voice was tight, as if he too, was on the edge of losing it.  "I'm guessing this is the reason we haven't found a single bloodbag from here all the way back to New Covington."  He growled, shaking his head, lips curling back from his fangs.  "This guy is really starting to piss me off."
            I swallowed the Hunger, trying to focus through the gnawing ache.  "Why James, don't tell me you feel sorry for the walking meatsacks," I taunted, because sometimes, goading Jackal was the only thing that kept my mind off everything else.  He snorted and rolled his eyes.
            "No, sister, I'm annoyed because they don't have the decency to be alive so I can eat them."


Hahaha, Jackal <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...