Thursday, December 13, 2012

Mini Review: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Obsidian (Lux, #1)
Hey guys! Me and Dani put this review up on Goodreads a while ago, and we kind of neglected it for a while and forgot to put it up on our blog later (its okay, we know its a sacrilege).

But finally, here is our mini-review of Obsidian, Lux Book 1, by Jennifer L. Armentrout!!! 
(yes, if you've noticed, i'm trying to see how many JLA related posts I can make in one string :D)

We should have the Onyx (Book 2) review up soon, with Opal's (Book 3) review following.

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Steph's Rating: 5 stars Dani's Rating: 5 stars
Overall Rating: 5 stars

Goodreads Synopsis:
Starting over sucks.
     When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
     And then he opened his mouth.
     Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
     The hot alien living next door marks me.
     You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
     If I don't kill him first, that is.


Steph's Mini Review:

OH. MY. GOD.
I LOVED THIS BOOK.
JLA is my YA Fiction Queen.

When I first read the blurb, I was a little iffy on it...totally hot alien jerk? Interesting combination, I think we've seen this before. Oh well! Lets read it anyways!

Oh I don't know what I was thinking feeling so sarcastic towards it because it was AMAZING first page to last. I literally read this in one sitting, even though I actually had tons of work I needed to get done. I thought Obsidian would kind of be one of those pass and go kind of YA books, you read it and its over.

Nope. Not at all. I was gushing about Daemon (still am today) for a veeeery long time before I got over it. He may be jerkish, but he is my hot sexy (insert as many compliments as you can) alien darling. Then Onyx came out and the cycle started again. I think my friends are going to start avoiding me because of it.

The plot of Obsidian was actually quite original! I'm really happy its not about vampires or werewolves or any of those cliché topics you find on every YA shelf. (No, I don't really have much against werewolves or vampires, but just saying) Aliens!!! No, not the green little blobs, but really hot (quite literally) Aliens!!! I loved Obsidians plot, and it was very fast past all the way to the end, typical JLA. It just plowed right through the gates!

Obsidian deserves every one of those shiny 5 stars, and I recommend everyone put this on your to-read list!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...