Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (24): Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly bookish event hosted by Breaking the SpineThis is a meme that many book blogs participate in to goggle over highly anticipated upcoming releases and fabulous covers and authors!  

Heir of Fire isn't even going to be out for a while, but I was recently on Goodreads and found the cover AND synopsis to it. Like, excuse myself for living under a rock regarding this series, but I was surprised. That little tidbit brought back all those lovely Crown of Midnight feels...and I can already feel the onset of re-obsession.


Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3)Goodreads Synopsis:
 
Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy.

While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?


I honestly don't know what to think of the series covers. They look pretty awesome, but I just feel they seem too comic-like for the series. I feel like Celaena on the cover looks like a computer-game character or something of the sort. But don't judge a book by its cover, right? 'Cause this is an awesome read.

One word, (or rather, name). CHAOL. Thanks to this separation between Chaol and Celaena, where is the romantic story going to go? There better NOT be ANOTHER guy in the mix. Crown of Midnight's ending was just pure evil, and I thought I just got myself to get my mind off of this series for a while. After this lovely synopsis, nope. I'm probably going to be dreaming about the series for all I know. 

Another area of concern: this series is going to be 6 books long. I have nothing against 6 books, cause that means more years to enjoy the story, but how much plot is there left? If this series was a trilogy, I think it'd still end fine. I'm seriously wondering what on earth Sarah J. Maas still has left. 

Can't wait for this WOW!

1 comment:

  1. .I really like the content in this website, are all new things and new lesson for us this very increase knowledge becomes more widely, thank you very much for the information provided.

    obat kaligata herbal
    obat batuk berdarah tradisional
    obat jantung aritmia herbal
    obat gondongan herbal
    obat penghancur batu ginjal tanpa operasi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...